With the nice summer weather more people are outside and active in our community. As a result, complaints regarding parking violations have increased. Parking regulations can be found through the Police Division web site or the City of Bowling Green website under Chapter 76 Parking Regulations. The following violations have resulted in complaints in recent weeks:
No person shall stand or park a vehicle,
- On a sidewalk, except a bicycle;
- In front of a public or private driveway;
- Within four feet of a public or private driveway;
- On or across a sidewalk, including sidewalks traversing driveways, except for bicycles;
- At any place where signs or yellow painted curbs or pavement prohibit parking or stopping.
Commercial Vehicles- No person shall park a school bus, commercial tractor, agricultural tractor, truck of more than 1/2-ton capacity, bus, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or moving van on any street within the residential districts of the city between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
No person shall park a vehicle on any of the public streets or alleys in the city for a continuous time longer than 24 hours.
The Police Division wants to remind residents to obey the parking regulations to avoid issuance of parking tickets for these and other violations within the Bowling Greencommunity.