With the nice summer weather more people are outside and active in our community.¬† As a result, complaints regarding parking violations have increased.¬† Parking regulations can be found through the Police Division web site or the City of Bowling Green website under Chapter 76 Parking Regulations.¬† The following violations have resulted in complaints in recent weeks:
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† No person shall stand or park a vehicle,
- On a sidewalk, except a bicycle;
- In front of a public or private driveway;
- Within four feet of a public or private driveway;
- On or across a sidewalk, including sidewalks traversing driveways, except for bicycles;
- At any place where signs or yellow painted curbs or pavement prohibit parking or stopping.
Commercial Vehicles- No person shall park a school bus, commercial tractor, agricultural tractor, truck of more than 1/2-ton capacity, bus, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or moving van on any street within the residential districts of the city between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise.
¬†No person shall park a vehicle on any of the public streets or alleys in the city for a continuous time longer than 24 hours.
¬†The Police Division wants to remind residents to obey the parking regulations to avoid issuance of parking tickets for these and other violations within the Bowling Greencommunity.