WTOL – Channel 11 story on Snow Emergencies (2016)
THE CITY OF BOWLING GREEN WISHES TO REMIND MOTORISTS OF THE REGULATIONS PROHIBITING PARKING ON CERTAIN STREETS DURING SNOW, ICE OR SLEET CONDITIONS.
The regulations prohibit parking on the designated streets (including all cul-de-sacs) during “Snow Emergencies.” A “Snow Emergency” can be declared if snow, ice, or sleet is forecast, and in any case will automatically become effective without a declaration when the snow depth reaches two inches (2”).
When a Snow Emergency is declared the news media will be advised. The declaration will contain the effective time of the emergency. If snow reaches a depth of two inches without a Snow Emergency having been declared, the police desk will be able to advise the official time at which snow reached the two inch depth.
If a Snow Emergency becomes effective between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., motorists have two hours in which to remove their vehicles from the designated streets.
If the Snow Emergency becomes effective between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. motorists have until 9:00 a.m. to remove their vehicles from the designated streets.
Vehicles remaining on the designated streets in violation of the regulations are subject to being towed at owner expense.
If a particularly bad storm is forecast, additional streets may be designated in the declaration of emergency. If this should happen, every effort will be made to notify the news media and to post temporary “NO PARKING” signs.
The designated streets are called “SNOW STREETS” and are printed below. “SNOW STREET” signs have been erected on snow streets. It is pointed out however, that the absence of signs will not relieve motorists of responsibility for improper parking.
Although the City will make every effort to inform the public of the existence of probable development of weather conditions requiring removal of motor vehicles from snow streets, motorists are still responsible for determining probable or existing weather conditions and removing their vehicles if required by the regulations.
Designated Snow Streets:
- Buttonwood Avenue-West Wooster Street to Sand Ridge Road
- Church Street-Sand Ridge Road to Clay Street
- Enterprise Street-Poe Road to Palmer Avenue
- Grove Street-Poe Road to Sand Ridge Road
- Lafayette Boulevard-Entire Length
- Larchwood Drive-Entire Length
- Maple Street –Conneaut Avenue to Sand Ridge Road
- Martindale Road-Wooster Street to Melrose Street
- Mercer Road-Scott Hamilton to south terminus
- Prospect Street- Napoleon Road to East Poe Road
- Stonegate Boulevard-West Wooster Street to Sheffield Drive
- Summit Street-Poe Road to Napoleon Road
- Tamarac Lane-Entire length
- Wintergarden Road – Conneaut to Poe Road
- Clay Street-North Main Street to North Grove Street
- Clough Street-South Main Street to eastern terminus in Stadium View Apartment Complex
- Conneaut Avenue-North Grove Street to Fairview Avenue
- Court Street-North Grove Street to Thurstin Avenue
- Fourth Street-South College to eastern terminus
- Lehman Avenue-Entire Length
- East Merry Avenue-Thurstin Avenue to North College Drive
- Scott Hamilton-Bentwood to Campbell Hill Road
- Sheffield Drive-West end to Wintergarden Road
- Wallace Avenue-North Grove Street to Haskins Road
- West Wooster Street-Church Street to Western corporation limits.
- Wren Road-Entire Length
CUL-DE-SACS AT THE ENDS OF THE FOLLOWING
|Alberta Circle||Ferndale Court||Ranch Court|
|Arlington Court||Hamilton Court||Reeves Court|
|Boone Court||Hickory Court||Robin Court|
|Brownwood Court||Hunter Court||Rosewood Court|
|Brownwood Drive||Jacqueline Place||Saint Annes Court|
|Carol Road||John Court||Sawgrass Court|
|Charles Street||Keil Court||Short Circle|
|Cherry Hill Drive||Lelanford Circle||Sunrise Drive|
|Clark Street||Madison Court||Timber Ridge Drive|
|Clearwater Circle||Manitoba Drive||Touraine Avenue|
|Cobblestone Lane||Melrose Street||Tree Top Place|
|Country Club Drive||Monroe Court||Turnberry Court|
|Dakota Court||Oakwood Court||Vale Court|
|Devonshire Street||Partridge Lane||Valleyview Drive|
|Dogwood Court||Peachtree Court||Van Buren Court|
|Erie Court||Picardie Court||Victory Lane|