- Parks & Recreation
- Community Center
- Facility Features
Bowling Green Community Center video
- A 4300 Square Foot Fitness Center that features a variety of frequently updated cardio fitness equipment that includes bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, and stair masters. We also have 4 televisions with close captioning to allow you to watch TV as you work out.
- The Fitness Center also features a variety of strength and circuit training equipment that includes a 18 piece circuit, power cages, dumbbells, walking weights, True Stretch machine, stability balls, incline/decline benches, and a rope climbing machine.
- A 1/8th mile long track that includes 3 lanes for running, jogging, and walking; non-banked turns, and is cushioned for comfort. We also allow strollers on the track Monday through Sunday from 11 am to 2 pm
- A 1,523 Square Foot Fitness Studio with a floating hardwood floor and mirrored wall that is designed specifically for group exercise, instructional dance, and other fitness programs. This space also includes the following equipment:
- Agility Dots
- Agility Ladder
- Ballast Balls (stability balls with 5 pounds of sand)
- Exercise Tubes/Therapy Bands
- Foam Rollers
- Hand Weights
- Medicine Balls (up to 18 pounds)
- Pilates Rings
- Pull-up Bars
- Reebok Steps
- Stability and BOSU Balls
- TRX Suspension Trainers
- Wireless Sound System for Instructors
- Yoga Mats/Blocks/Belts
- A Group Cycling Room (Classroom C) that features Schwinn Cycling Bikes.
- We have installed the Freedom Climber in the lobby area. This is a rock climbing wall that rotates with the users climbing motion. Youth, teens, adults may all use the Freedom Climber but youth require supervision by a responsible adult.
Facility Use Policies
- Any child 12 years or younger must be supervised by a parent/guardian
- In order to maintain cleanliness and hygiene, t-shirts and/or shirts with sleeves must be worn
- Fitness equipment, athletic shorts or pants are recommended, soiled clothing will not be allowed
- Garments with snaps, buttons or zippers are not allowed on exercise equipment
- Closed toed shoes must be worn at all times
- No Sandals/Slippers
- Water in plastic bottles is permitted in the fitness area, no glass please
- Food is not allowed in the fitness area including powdered drinks and power bars, there is a vending area in the lobby for food consumption
- Bags, books, and personal belongings are not allowed on the fitness area floor, storage bins are provided for these items
- The use of cell phones is strictly prohibited in the fitness areas
Parent & Child Weight Room Policies (Patrons Under 12)
- Parent must complete the Parent Child Pass application form to be turned in and reviewed by the Aquatics/Fitness Manager and Fitness Specialist for approval.
- If approved Parent and Child must make an appointment with the Aquatics/Fitness Manager and
- Complete a Fitness Assessment questionnaire, to be followed by a fitness consultation and training session. Parent and child must adhere directly to the program written by the Aquatics/Fitness Manager and Fitness Specialist. Any exercise not prescribed by the aforementioned must be approved.
- To be eligible for this pass you must be the parent or legal guardian of the child in question. Friends of the family or paid trainers will under no circumstances be allowed to participate.
- To ensure the safety and quality of your experience all applications will be reviewed, and all programs will be written, by both the Aquatics/Fitness Manager and Fitness Specialist.
- The child under no circumstances is to be left unattended on the Fitness Floor. All exercises must be performed under the direct supervision of the parent. Programs will be designed to give both the child and parent the same workout so that the program can be performed together.
- Free Orientations
- Free Specialized Workout Programs
- Free Health Assessments
Sign Up for Services
To start exercising at your full potential, sign up at the Fitness Desk or call 419-354-6295 and schedule an appointment with a fitness trainer! Download and fill out our questionnaire before your fitness assessment!
Fitness Assessment Questionnaire (PDF)
Fitness Orientations (Patrons Under 18)
- Teens age 16 and 17 complete one equipment orientation before they may use the fitness area.
- Teens age 13 to 15 year must complete our 3 session Teen Strength and Fitness Class before they may use the Fitness Center.
- An appointment with a fitness specialist can be made for these sessions or feel free to stop by the Community Center and complete the training at any time.
Fitness Orientations (Patrons Over 18)
- Patrons over the age of 18 do not need a fitness orientation to gain use of the Center.
- Orientations, fitness assessments and specialized workout programs are free for pass holders.
- It is recommended that all adults complete an equipment orientation before they use the fitness area.
- An appointment with a fitness specialist for these services is recommended.
Gymnasium Information & Schedule
Gymnasium usage is limited to current pass holders only due to COVID-19 restrictions by appointment only.
- 12 Basketball Hoops
- 16,072 Square Feet
- 4 Volleyball Nets
- Basketballs and Volleyballs are Available Free of Charge
- Floating Hardwood Floor
- Gym can be divided into 4 Quarter Courts
- Two Full Gymnasium Courts
- No vulgar language or profanity
- No fighting or spitting
- Shirts and Shoes required at all times, shoes that mark the floor are prohibited
- No playing basketball
shirts and skinswill be permitted in the gymnasium
- No playing basketball
- Respect other guests and patrons right to use the facility as well, you may be asked to play only at one basket during crowded times.
- No dunking or hanging on the rims or nets
- No food or drinks in the gymnasium, only water is permitted
- Throw away your trash
- Respecting the facility, equipment and others is a must
- No persons shall sell or offer for sale any article or service in the Bowling Green Community Center unless such sale or offer is pursuant to a contract with the department
- If you observe any problems please report them to Gym Monitor on duty or to the Front Desk staff person on duty
Locker Rooms Information
Get refreshed and ready to go after your workout with a shower in the spacious locker rooms and family changing areas!
Locker rentals are available to pass holders at the Community Center. Please note: There are only 16 lockers available to rent in each of the locker rooms. If all lockers are rented, patrons may put their name on a waiting list for a full or half locker. Current renters will have first choice after their rental period. If they decline, the first person on the waiting list will be contacted. No proration on locker fees. Patrons will be issued a combination lock with an information card they can keep.
Full Locker Rental Fees $50 (12 Months) $25 (6 Months)
Half Locker Rental Fees $30 (12 Months) $15 (6 Months)
Drinks Available for Purchase
Water is available for purchase at the Front Desk. Please keep all food and drink (other than water) only in the lounge area.
Free Wi-Fi Available in Lounge
Free Wi-Fi is available for individuals in the lounge area.
Additional Activity Spaces
Additional activity spaces can be found on the grounds of the Bowling Green Community Center. The Bowling Green Athletic Fields are located behind the facility. These fields host a variety of youth sports programs, leagues, and tournaments offered by the Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Department as well as other recreational providers in the area. The Bowling Green Obstacle Course Trail located behind the Community Center is used for a variety of programs and special events.