- Parks & Recreation
- Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Foundation
Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Foundation
Join us in our mission to support the Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Department, by becoming a member of the Foundation! 2022 Membership Brochure
Annual Member Recognition Event
Members of the Parks and Recreation Foundation are welcome to join us for an evening of recognition and music at the Sunday Concert in the Park on July 17th at 7pm at Needle Hall in City Park. A special seating area, light refreshments and recognition are in store for all Foundation Members. To plan for the event, we ask that you RSVP to infoBGparksfoundation@gmail.com by 7/13/22.
Click the link below to view the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation Annual Reports.
- Established in 1992 in response to a growing call for more beautiful parks and additional recreational programs
- Memberships, tax-deductible donations, and funds from the Annual Wine and Cheese Social and Auction allow the Foundation to support BG Parks and Recreation Department
- Purchased 19.6 acres now known as Tucker Woods through the $480,000 Save the Woods campaign
- Raised over $700,000 to build and endow Simpson Garden Park
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for Ridge Park construction
- Raised over $33,000 toward land for athletic fields located by the Bowling Green Community Center
- In 2016, supported the purchase of splash pad creatures for the pool, Bowling Green Community Mosaic Project, Kuebeck Forum, and the Youth Archery Program
- Also in 2016, completed Building On Nature Phase I project (building a storage/year-round restroom facility for Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve)
- In 2017, Building On Nature Phase 2 project initiated (upgrades to the Nature Center in Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve)
Make a Difference
With your help, everything you loved as a child, baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance is assured to be available to all of us. Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help. Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs and, in turn, help build a stronger community.
Make a Donation
You can make a donation by sending a check made out to the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation to:
BG Parks & Recreation Foundation
1291 Conneaut Avenue
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
We also take donations via PayPal. Please click on the button below to make a donation.
Please be sure to add your name, address & email on the link with your donation.
- July 19, 2022: Annual Member Recognition Event
- September 23, 2022: Party for the Park Fundraiser