Please use the following guidelines for leaf collection:
- Leaves should be placed loose (not in bags) at the curbside.
- Do not place leaves near poles, mailboxes, guide wires, or any other structures.
- As part of the City Storm Water Management policy, Do not rake leaves into the street! This blocks street drainage during rain events. Also, there is a risk of parked cars with warm exhaust systems catching on fire when parked over dry leaves. Children also tend to play in leaves making this a dangerous situation.
- Do not put brush or branches with the leaves as it will not be collected.
City Yard Waste Drop-off Site
Garden/Yard Waste/Grass/Leaves can be taken to the City Yard Waste drop-off site for those who are eligible to receive City refuse collection. It is open daily from 8 am -8 pm. The site is located behind the Public Works garage on Tarragon Drive (off of E Poe Road). This site does not accept brush (anything with a bark covering).
The area is under video surveillance and illegal dumping may result in a fine.
Love 'Em & Leave 'Em
The best thing you can do with your leaves is leave them on your property!
- Shred them with a lawn mower and leave them in place on your lawn
- Compost them in a pile or container (with or without shredding)
- Shred them and use them as mulch on your borders and flowerbeds
Mulch Your Leaves!!
The past attitude toward leaves was that they were like litter. Now many people see them as an asset if returned to the yard and environment. Please consider using a recycling mower to return shredded leaves back into your yard. Grass clippings and finely chopped leaves add vital nutrients and organic matter to the lawn, thus improving the health of the lawn. Try to manage leaves on the property in this fashion to save time and energy used to collect leaves at the street.